🇮🇳
स्वतंत्रता दिवस की हार्दिक शुभकामनाएं! 🇮🇳 Happy Independence Day! | Har Ghar Tiranga | देश के 80वें स्वतंत्रता दिवस पर आज़ादी का अमृत महोत्सव मनाएं! - Celebrate the 80th Independence Day of India!

Prince Harry and Meghan’s UK security a private matter, Burnham says

Prince Harry and Meghan's UK security a private matter, Burnham says

Royal Return? Prince Harry and Meghan’s Children Enrolled in UK School, Signalling Potential Shift

London, UK – Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, the children of Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, are set to begin attending a British school this September, a development that has ignited speculation about the family’s future residency. King Charles III was reportedly informed of the move on Sunday, though sources close to the Palace maintain there are no immediate plans for Prince Harry or Meghan to resume their roles as working royals.

The Sussexes famously departed the UK and stepped back from their official duties in early 2020, subsequently establishing a new life in California in March of that year. This recent announcement marks a significant shift, particularly in light of previous concerns raised by Prince Harry regarding his family’s security in the UK.

The couple’s last visit to the UK in July saw them meet with King Charles and Queen Camilla at the King’s private Gloucestershire residence. Described by the Palace as a "private family occasion," this reunion was particularly notable as it marked the first time the King had seen his grandchildren in over four years, and the first joint visit to the UK for the Duke and Duchess since 2022.

However, the July visit was not without its complexities. It is understood that arrangements had to be adjusted after the Duke’s request for police protection was denied. This ongoing issue stems from Prince Harry’s previous legal challenge, which he lost last year, to overturn a decision that downgraded his security status following his move to the United States. At the time, he expressed to the BBC that he "can’t see a world" in which he would bring his family to the UK without adequate protection.

The question of security remains paramount with this impending move. It is currently unclear what provisions will be made for their protection upon their return to the UK. Royal expert Robert Hardman, speaking on BBC Radio 4’s Today programme, suggested that some of the past security issues may have been "resolved," but stressed that details, including who will bear the financial responsibility for their security, are still unknown. In the US, the Sussexes have employed a private security team, but they offered no comment when asked by the BBC whether this team would accompany them to the UK.

Hardman further commented that the children’s school enrollment indicates a "clear direction of travel," suggesting that Archie and Lilibet are now set to be raised as "British rather than American." This decision represents a potential turning point for the Sussex family, sparking widespread discussion about their long-term intentions and the implications for their relationship with the wider Royal Family. While a full return to royal duties appears off the table for now, the move of their children back to British soil undoubtedly represents a significant development in the ongoing saga of Prince Harry and Meghan. For further updates on royal family developments, please visit the BBC News Royal Family section.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *