The three-day festival will now take place at the City Park venue in September after the previous August date came under criticism over the impact on other local events.
The revised dates for this year’s Radio 2 Party in the Park festival in Stirling have been revealed by BBC chiefs.
The flagship live music event for the station was revealed earlier this year to be heading to the iconic City Park venue in the shadow of Stirling Castle.
But the initial dates from August 7 to August 9 came under criticism from the local festival industry over the potential disruption of other music events taking place locally
The backlash forced a rethink on the dates, with the three-day special now set to take place between September 11-13.
The BBC event is expected to bring tens of thousands of music fans to the city across the weekend, with the full line-up of artists set to appear across the various stages to be confirmed shortly.
Helen Thomas, Head of Radio 2, said: “I’m delighted to be able to confirm the dates of Radio 2 in the Park in Stirling for September.
Our line-up remains as star studded as ever and we look forward to announcing which of your favourite artists will be performing in Stirling in the coming weeks.”
The station’s weekday mid-morning show host, Vernon Kay, added his excitement over the news.
Vernon said: “The date is locked in the diary and Stirling, we are coming for you!
“Scotland always brings such an amazing atmosphere and one of the best crowds anywhere, so I’ve no doubt this one’s going to be an absolute belter.
“It’s going to be a massive weekend of live music, great energy, and unforgettable moments. See you in September!”
Stirling Council Leader, Cllr Susan McGill, said: “We can’t wait to welcome fans and artists to our amazing city in September for an unforgettable celebration of world-class live music set to the stunning backdrop of the historic Stirling Castle.
“Here in Stirling we have a proud track record of successfully staging major music events.
“Stirling is one of the best-connected places in the country, welcoming visitors from across Scotland, the UK and from all over the world to enjoy what our city and the wider Stirlingshire area has to offer.
“We all look forward to welcoming visitors to enjoy the best of music in the heart of Scotland.”
The switch from the previous August dates was carried out following “constructive feedback” with other festival hosts and the Scottish Independent Festival Association (SIFA).
One of the festivals which could have been affected was the Back Doune the Rabbit Hole event, set to take place near Port of Menteith on July 17-19.
Brian Harkin from BTDRH said: “The news of the date switch is definitely welcome because the event being so close both in time and location to us was having an impact.
“I’m very pleased that the BBC re-thought and believe it’s the right thing to do as there were a number of festivals that could have been impacted by the August date.
“We’ve been in negotiations with the organisers and they’ve been very supportive in terms of trying to mitigate the possible concerns that were raised by other festivals.
“The intention for us moving into our second year was to build on last year and create a really sustainable event for the future.”

