🇮🇳
स्वतंत्रता दिवस की हार्दिक शुभकामनाएं! 🇮🇳 Happy Independence Day! | Har Ghar Tiranga | देश के 80वें स्वतंत्रता दिवस पर आज़ादी का अमृत महोत्सव मनाएं! - Celebrate the 80th Independence Day of India!

Prince Harry and Meghan will move back to the United Kingdom, source says

Prince Harry and Meghan will move back to the United Kingdom, source says

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Set to Return to the UK Amidst Royal Reconciliation Hopes

LONDON, UK – Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, are reportedly preparing to leave their sun-drenched Californian retreat and establish a new life back in the United Kingdom. The news, initially reported by The Telegraph and The Sun on Wednesday evening, has sent ripples through royal circles and across the globe, signaling a potentially significant shift in the couple’s relationship with the Royal Family.

A source familiar with the couple’s plans confirmed to NBC News that the Sussexes, along with their two children, 7-year-old Archie and 5-year-old Lilibet, will be relocating from their affluent Montecito home in Santa Barbara County. This move comes four years after their dramatic departure from senior royal duties in 2020, which saw them seek refuge in the United States.

King Charles III was reportedly informed of the impending return on Sunday, a detail that was notably absent from discussions during the Sussexes’ visit to the UK in July. While the monarch is said to welcome the opportunity for more private interactions with his son and grandchildren, it has been made clear that Harry and Meghan will remain private individuals and non-working members of the Royal Family.

The imminent move is underscored by reports that Archie and Lilibet have already been enrolled in British schools, with classes set to commence in September. This suggests the family’s relocation could occur within the next fortnight.

Despite their return to British soil, the couple will not be resuming royal duties or taking up residence in a royal property, opting instead for a more private existence. This decision highlights their continued commitment to carving out an independent path, even as they re-engage with their homeland.

A lingering question surrounds the issue of security, a point of considerable contention between Prince Harry and the Royal Family in the past. The specifics of their security arrangements remain unclear, with a U.K. Home Office spokesperson stating, "It is our long-standing policy not to provide detailed information on those arrangements, as doing so could compromise their integrity and affect individuals’ security."

Meghan is expected to continue managing her lifestyle brand, "As Ever," from the UK, indicating a commitment to her entrepreneurial endeavors. A spokesperson for the Sussexes, when approached for comment, notably did not deny the reported plans for their return.

This decision to move back across the Atlantic follows a contentious visit by Prince Harry to the UK in July. During that trip, an offer to stay at Buckingham Palace was reportedly rescinded, and initial plans for his wife and children to join him were abandoned due to security concerns. The Duke and Duchess were last together in the UK in 2022 for the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II.

The prospect of a royal family reunion, however, may not be a seamless affair. Prince Harry’s relationship with his father, King Charles, and elder brother, Prince William, has been publicly strained for several years. Harry has openly voiced his grievances, particularly in his 2023 memoir "Spare," and through various public statements.

Last year, Harry met with his father, who is currently undergoing cancer treatment, after previously claiming the monarch had refused to speak with him. Despite the documented frostiness, Harry expressed a desire for reconciliation with his family in May 2025, poignantly noting he did not "know how much longer my father has."

India McTaggart, a royal correspondent for The Telegraph, told NBC News that a move to the UK has been a long-held aspiration for Harry. "He’s made, you know, no secret of his intention to want to bring his children here to reunite them with the king, his father, and the Spencer side of the family, and just have a place where he can come to the U.K. without the circus of his arrival," McTaggart explained.

While acknowledging that Harry’s relationship with Prince William remains "fraught" with a lack of communication for "years," McTaggart noted a positive shift in Harry’s interactions with his father: "Harry has ‘started speaking to the king, his father, a lot more.’"

The decision to return to the UK may also be influenced by Harry’s extensive charity work in the region. "A lot of his charities are based here, whether it’s Invictus or WellChild. And I think he feels closer to home here, obviously, because friends are here and I think it’s become so deeply complicated for him to go back and forth because of all the security concerns he had," McTaggart said. She concluded, "I just think he has sort of wanted to do this for a while, and it appears that Meghan is taking one for the team."

This significant move marks a new chapter for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, one that promises a reintegration into British life, albeit on their own terms, and potentially a step towards mending fractured family ties.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *